Bonnect may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1. Information we collect and use
• School email: We require your school email for starting up an account to use the Service. We determine your school based on your school email.
• Nickname: We require you set up a unique nickname when you set up an account in the Service.
• Gender: We require your gender when you set up an account in the Service.
• Profile picture: You may upload your profile picture after you activate your account and edit your profile. Or you may input your profile picture from your Facebook account when you set up an account in the Service. If you do not upload or input, we will assign our default profile picture to you based on your gender.
• Hometown: You may input your hometown after you activate your account and edit your profile. We may use it for recommending connections (also known as “friends”) to you.
• Education information: You may input education information after you activate your account and edit your profile. The education information includes your academic level, the year you enter the school and your major. We may use it for recommending connections (also known as “friends”) to you.
• Trade record: We record every trade that you buy or sell. We may use it for recommending items to you.
• Partner review: We record every review that your trade partner submits. We will use it for evaluating your performance in the Service.
• Connection (also known as “friend”): We record all the connections that you add. We may use it for recommending connections (also known as “friends”) to you.
• Log data: When you use our Services, we may receive information (“Log Data”) such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Service. We may also receive Log Data when you click on, view or interact with links on our Service. Bonnect uses Log Data to provide, understand, and improve our Service, to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads.
• GPS: We collect but won’t record your position. We may use it for recommending any trade items within 5 miles around to you.
• Payment: You may upload your payment information after you activate your account and edit your profile. We only use it for rewarding.
2. Public information within our network
Public information is any information you share with a public audience, as well as information in your public profile, or rides and items you share on Bonnect. Public information is available to anyone only on our Service and cannot be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media. Public information includes:
• Profile picture.
• Hometown (if applicable).
• Education information (if applicable).
3. Private information within our network
Private information is any information which only belongs to you. It will not be available to anyone on our Service, or be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media. Private information includes:
• Academic email.
• Log data.
4. How we store information
• We store the data on RDS of AWS.
• We retain information as long as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
• We make good faith efforts to store information securely, but make no guarantees.
• You may access and update certain information about you by logging into your account.
5. Circumstances in which we may disclose user information out of our network:
• to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
• to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or the general public.
• with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share information with other users).
• in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets to another company.
• in aggregate or summary form, as long as it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
International Users - By visiting Bonnect, you agree we may use and disclose information we collect for purposes listed here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in the United States.
If you have any questions, please contact our privacy officer.